Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed...
Isaiah 53:4–5

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Bible Wall

6 months ago, the Lord gave me a vision. He showed me a beautiful white wall, spanning metres across, further than I could see. And on it were the books of the Bible, neatly laid out across the entire surface.

When the vision passed, I opened my eyes and in front of me were boxes stacked up everywhere. All 70 of them... I had been sharing apartments with friends for the past 10 months and my room literally had the walking space of a shoebox. I would stack boxes up towards the ceiling to save space, only to find them tumbling down in the middle of the night. That was why I never took up architecture. ^_^

As I sat on my bed looking at the boxes perched precariously towards one side, grief suddenly overcame me. I didn't know what was going on but it was as if my mind just snapped. My room became a prison and I had nothing to look forward to when I came home. I had been living in a cell for almost a year and I just wanted to give up.

Then the vision came. Innocently, not realising that the Lord is the LORD, I asked the Him how it was possible for me to live in a place, with a wall large enough to fit the all books of the Bible?

His answer was short and simple, "You'll be surprised..." And indeed I was. ^_^

2 months later the Lord found a place for me a couple of minutes from work. It had just been recently built and when the owners were about to place an ad in the papers, the Lord conveniently plonked me right at their doorstep.

It was perfect. Except for the air-conditioner that wouldn't switch on and the fridge door that wouldn't close, but let's not go there. ^_^

348 pages and lots of sticky tape later, the Bible wall was finally finished. All 27 books of the New Testament on 1 wall.

Now my next challenge - the rest of the 39 books of the Old Testament.
Lord, I need a larger wall... Help! ^_^


Thank you Father... Love never fails.

You never fail.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uncle, ur post in the other blog nd this blog were exact replicas LAH.

x)

9:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Andy. I found your blog by chance, while I was googling "Jehova, my healer". I am moved by your post. The Bible Wall is such a great idea! It is a powerful way of learning and witnessing (and decorating your place meaningfully, if you allow me the frivolity). Thank you for blessing others through your walk with the Lord.

11:04 PM

 
Blogger Christopher Yuan said...

Dear Andy:

I also came across your blog by Googling "The LORD is my healer" and found this great post about your New Testament Wall! Praise God! What an inspiration! I will be praying that you get the Old Testament up as well!

God bless you, brother!

Christopher Yuan
www.christopheryuan.com

3:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home